EFFECTIVE DATE: October 21, 2021
The Information We Collect About You:
We collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site and Services.
Information We Collect Automatically.
- When you make a donation to a business, we will collect your name, email address, zip code (to help you identify small businesses in your New York City neighborhood), the name of the small business you are supporting, and your donation and payment information.
- When you nominate a business for support, we will collect your email address and information about the business you are nominating.
- When a business receives a donation through us, we collect information about the business owner, such as their name and contact information. We also collect information about the business receiving the donation, including its tax and financial account information.
- If you contact us through the Site or Services, we will collect your name, contact information, and your communications with us.
We automatically collect information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.Information Automatically Collected from Site
How We Use Your Information
- domain name;
- your browser type and device operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site; your device’s IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
How We Share Your Information
- Service Provisioning/Transactional Purposes:
- To provide our Site and Services to you.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services; to process donations, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to provide personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while visiting the Site or using the Services.
- Marketing Communications: In accordance with applicable laws, we may use your information:
- To send you marketing communications about our Save Your City and our services.
- To send you news, newsletters, and event information.
- To send you marketing communications about services or fundraisers that we jointly sponsor or offer with other entities that we think may be of interest to you.
- To assist us in determining relevant advertising content and media and to create lookalike and custom audiences for our advertising campaigns.
- To evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- See also the Ad Networks section discussed below.
- Site and Services Improvement/Research:
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site and Services are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information to update or add new features to our Site and Services. We may also use feedback provided by users to update our Services or develop new offerings.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for donor engagement, market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- To create aggregated, anonymized, pseudonymized or de-identified data sets. We may use such data sets for research, product improvement and development, marketing, advertising, trend analysis and other purposes.
- Legal Purposes:
- To comply with legal obligations and act in accordance with legal authorizations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, including to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements, authenticating your identity, maintaining our records, to monitor your compliance with your agreements with us, to collect debts owed to us, to safeguard our business interests, and to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition or merger, as described below.
- For other purposes we may inform you about from time to time. Where required by applicable laws and regulations, we will obtain your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes requiring such consent.
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include our hosting provider for the Site and our payment processors.
- Affiliates. We may disclose your information to our affiliate and subsidiary organizations for the purposes described in this Policy.
- Jointly Promoted Events and Fundraisers. We may jointly offer, sponsor, or promote events or fundraisers with other organizations. If you register to attend a jointly promoted event or fundraiser, we will share your registration information with the other event organizers.
- Donors. We may disclose donor names to the business(es) that the donor chooses to support through us.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another organization, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another organization, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other organization. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, law enforcement request, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate, anonymized or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.Analytics.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Ad Network section.Ad Networks
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Consumer Choice Page
for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies
. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") Consumer Opt-Out Page
for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page
or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page
will opt you out from those companies' delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA's website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI's website at www.networkadvertising.org.Links
Our Site and Services may contain links to non-affiliated websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Emails?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your transactions or any services you have requested or received from us.Children Under 13
Our Site and Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.Contact Us
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
.Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.